Saturday 8 May 2010

PRP - Ninth artefact, The Memory game

Ok after looking at my previous artefacts I have decided that I am going to create a simple memory game. The aim of the game will be to follow a certain sequence be it light or sound. Every time you get the sequence correct the will get longer until the player make an incorrect move.

Having played on these games before I find them very addictive for such a simple game and I think that this would be an ideal game for children and in Moshi Monsters. A good example of this was a simple game that I found on 'the kidz page.com' it is a little different to how I imagine my game but when playing on it I found myself wanting to continuously beat my score so I can imagine the competition between friends. The game is called sequence memory, on each level the player has to memorise different set of imagery. The imagery will then disappear and a set of images will appear, the player has to select the correct images to move onto the next stages.



I plan to design the game around the same theme as Moshi Monster so when I present my ideas to people they will have a rough idea as to how it will look if the game was actually on Moshi Monsters. I think that I will work with sounds and colours as I have played these type of sequence games the most. I have also received opinions from other game players and they all agree with me that the game that I intend to design will be the more successful game to use in a competition for a younger target audience.

My next aim now will be to actually start designing the game,however I think that this will be a ideal way to end my research project.

1 comment:

Microsoft Office said...

Microsoft Outlook 2010 download lets you drag and color-code tasks and e-mails on its calendar; allows image editing within messages; speeds up searches; integrates with other Office software; adds straightforward e-mail security warnings; e-mails can display previews of Office files; offers new contact cards; and most commands remain in place from Outlook 2010 .