Friday 7 May 2010

PRP - Ninth artefact, The Puzzle palace



As I had previously mentioned, Moshi Monster contains a games area called 'The Puzzle Palace'. Within this area puzzles have been designed that are consist of different learning items. When researching into the site for the previous artefact I had a play on all of the games to get an idea as to what the site offers in terms of education.

I was positively surprised at the games that were on offer to the members. Different games including naming countries flags (geography) correct spellings, telling the time and maths. They were all subtle yet if the children were asked these questions in everyday lifes I think that they would know the answers because of playing this game.

I understand why they have placed all of the games in one area however it also gives me the impression that all of the educational side of the game has been isolated in this one area, however I am being picky and so this was a minor detail that I wanted to point out.

In the previous artefact many of the users mentioned that they were not earning enough rox to afford different foods/accessories. A good incentive to make the members play on the game is that for every game you play you earn 5 rox. You can only earn 5 rox per game per day however if the member wants the rox I can guarantee that they would play on all of the games to earn those rox. It is a very good way to lure the members in. Another incentive that I noticed was that the more you play the higher the level you go. Members want to be higher levels because you get the option to go buy better items and have more games to play on.

From the past few artefacts I have mentioned that children need an incentive to continue a game and for that reason that is why I have chosen to make a game a competition against their peers. The incentive could be the person with the highest score wins a prize, in Moshi Monster world that could be rox, or even a free membership for so many months.

No comments: