Monday 26 April 2010

PRP - Eighth artefact ideas


Throughout the entire project I have been testing what teachers know, what children know, what makes a game, what subject suits best for computer technology etc and I have learnt a lot since starting this research and my views have definately on the computer learning subject. Throughout the research projects I have been observing the participants and taking notes on the way they act around computer technology, the way they act as a group/individually and listening to their thoughts and opinions.

In artefact five, I created the test from listening to the childrens opinions about imagery used. From doing this it brought to my attention that even though imagery and colours did not have a major effect on the game play, computer games could be a useful learning support source for certain children (lower literacy level skilled children adapted to the game quicker). From listening to the childrens opinions artefacts six and seven were created, both provided interesting information.

So for artefact eight I decided that I would like to pursue down this route again and get the child's view. There are many online sources that claim to be educational and fun, but are they? My aim of the research was to see whether games and learning could be combined to help with learning strategies. Rather than myself anaylising these websites and assuming I know the outcome I am going to have the children analyse these sites. After all they are the target audience and they will provide me with an honest answer.

I am going to research into some potential test sites that I think will be interesting to the children and also claim to be educational and fun.

No comments: