Monday 5 April 2010

PRP - Sixth artefact, designing the activity sheets


Like I said in my previous post I decided to create a activities which involved the children to colour in a character, one on the computer and one using pencils. Having selected four images from google I edited the pictures on Photoshop taking all of the colour out and creating a simple activity sheet.

However looking at the page I thought that there was something missing, with the help of some family it was suggested that the pictures were made into a colour in numbers activities sheet. The aim of the activity would be for the child to colour in the each part of the activity sheet according to the number colour key provided. Doing this adds some more activity to the sheet and will test to see whether the children will link the colour key to the image.


When the test is handed out I do not want to tell the children what to do. I want to see how they react to the test. If they ask for assistance I will help them, but I do not want to force them into colouring the picture with the correct colours, if they want it to be different then I will let them, if they want the picture to follow the key then I will let them. I want this test to be a fun activity for them.

Like the previous test I think that having the children tested at their level of literacy skills because the previous test showed that the children with higher literacy skills had slower timings on the games. This artefact will be testing activities both on and off the computer so maybe will highlight the more creative children who may not have the higher literacy levels but stronger creative flair.

No comments: