Saturday 17 April 2010

PRP - Seventh artefact, ideas


Ok I know that we were only suppose to do seven but my research wasn't finished. In aftefact six I tested the children on 'art and design' skills on and off the computer. With the results showing that the children enjoyed playing on the paint program however overall the standard colouring activity using pencils appeared to be the popular choice. After testing this artefact it occurred to me that having tested the children on their creativity skills and the non-computer version being successful I have decided to test the children on literacy skills.

Literacy is an important subject within an the curriculum vitae and it will be interesting to see how computer technology could assist in a students in this area.

On my visit to the school I another teacher was testing children on spellings. From observation I assume that the students had to learn the spellings at home and were tested on how meant they learnt. I think my aim from this artefact will be to create an interactive element that students could potentially use as a learning source for when they need to study 'spellings' as homework. All previous results from my other artefacts have clearly shown me that children appear more enthusiastic when they know that they are going to do an activity on the computer.

I think that another aim for this artefact is to try and create a simple interactive element that could not only useful for the children but also in terms of learning. The previous artefacts have been based around designing an interactive element that is a good learning source but also a fun activity. This artefact will be based around more on creating a successful learning source.

Having observed the spelling test when doing my previous testing I think that I will create an interactive spelling test. I will research into different examples and see which ones relate to my artefact.

No comments: