Sunday 4 April 2010

PRP - Sixth artefact - The designing

After the previous artefact showed that after three tests the children lost interest in the game and so the test was cut short. The TV characters were left out because this was the game that I was not so bothered about being tested.

However wanting to keep the children amused when carrying out these tests I decided for the colouring activity I would use characters that they were familiar with. Looking at the Cbeebies website gave me some idea as to what the children liked to watch.

I plan to do two versions of the colouring test. One on the computer and one off, with this in mind I have chosen to do two different characters for the boys and two different characters for the girls. I predict that the boys and girls will choose the pictures that I have designed for each gender. Doing this I can test how well the girls work in this test vice versa the boys.

For the boys I have chosen Bob the builder and Horrid Henry and for the girls Wendy (from bob the builder) and Dora the explorer. I chose these images because Looking from the TV listings it is these programs that are aired when the children finish school, fingers crossed my guessing will be correct.

Having researched images I have chosen four pictures from google that would be appropriate for the tests. The next step will be to edit the images in Photoshop.

No comments: