Sunday 1 June 2008

Photo Album

Ah yes the photo album a very challenging yet at the end pleasing result. The aim of my photo album was to show people my family and friends because these are the people who have played a huge part in my life and without them...I couldn't even imagine my life without them.



I have a total of about 16 photos all from different points of my life.I used 3D Max to animate and add maps to each piece which was time consuming but eventually came together.



This interactive did have its problem which I was determined to beat, the images were all out of focus and no one could make sense of what they were. So my first idea was to make buttons for each image and when the user hovered over one the image would enlarge with an explanation, no luck there because what I found out was that if the image that I inputted on the buttons 'over' keyframe was bigger then the button then it would not work. After getting very stressed with this I came to the conclusion to make a new keyframes and put the enlarged images on them. This worked but was alot more time consuming but I got my results.

After completing the album (or so I thought) a friend not naming names (Ashley) suggested that I should give the user the choice of going back the previous page, which to be fair does give the user more options and so helped me complete this interactive part.

No comments: