Thursday 29 November 2007

Interactive Narratives - Transformers

www.Transformers.com
www.transformersmovie.com

The first piece of interactive media that I found interesting was the web site for the Transformers movie. When I first opened the page it was clear to me that the web site was designed for a younger target audience. As soon as the page is opened you are greeted by a range of strong graphics that advertise the movie.

The designers have kept to the movie’s choice of text and has incorporated it into the website information, keeping the same theme throughout the whole site giving it a more professional look yet keeping the target audience attention. However I do feel that the text could maybe be kept to one colour because when looking through the site I got confused finding the different links because the fonts on some pages were different colours and I couldn’t work out which were links and which were not.

In my opinion I felt that the animations, videos and stills made this website complete. Each link takes the viewer to a different page (good and evil) with the choice to view each terminator. The website also provides a video trailer of the film which will be good for viewers who have not yet seen the film. I really like the effects used when the links changed, it relates to how the transformers change. What I feel makes all the still, videos and animation work is the audio.




Throughout the website the designers have use an electronic pholie. I feel that this keeps to the theme of the movie (robots, electrical etc). Not only is there pholie added to this site but, the user is given the option to listen to the soundtrack of the film, which I think is a good example of audience interaction.

This site lets the users interact as soon as the site opens by either choosing to ‘Protect’ or ‘Destroy’, once they have made their decision they are directed to the chosen site. Like I said above they have the choice of either having the sound track, other interactions would include the basic i.e. clicking, watching, listening etc.

There is a good use of spatial awareness with the page always full with different stills and animation. I also feel that the colours used were a conscious decision because they are simple and bold yet do not overpower the main focal point.

I feel that this is a well designed website and gives the audience what they want, keeps to the theme of movie and is finished to a high and professional standard.

www.transformersmovie.com

No comments: