Sunday 11 November 2007

Reflection on Stop motion film

At the beginning of the animation project the objectives that were set were as followed:
- Produce a basic presentation involving sound and vision.
- Understand the basic aesthetics of elements of a multimedia object.
- Begin to understand the mechanisms by which people interact with media.
- Take an active part in teamwork.
- Assist in the production of multimedia material.

Looking at those objectives I feel that our group completed them, however improvements could have been made.

I am most pleased with what our groups outcome was because our work was very unique in comparison with everyone else. I feel this because we came up with the idea of not only just involving the group (the hands) but also including objects (play dough
man/tetris) each of these ideas were brought to the group by each member. If we had

more time though I think that we could have come up with more creative/unusual ideas. I feel that each group member took part with the use of the camera material, however if we were to do this project again then I think I would try and get more involved with the camera equipment because in my opinion that plays an important part in multimedia. Even though I wanted to get more involved in the equipment I researched into video production independently so I could get a stronger idea about the world of camera equipment and production, this is something that I intend to do in the future to give myself more information on the different areas of multimedia.

As a group we managed to create a short film/presentation however I myself found editing the piece was a weakness. I struggled batching the images however this was mainly due to technical problems, but it took me longer than intended to input audio

and upload the piece onto facebook. This is an area that I need to experiment with further in order for me to understand it in greater detail. I still also need to gain more experience in compressing my work in order to successfully download work onto 'youtube' which was one of our set tasks. I feel that the only way to work on these weaknesses is to keep on practicing and ask for more advice.

However I feel that completing the piece was a success and strong involvement from the group was a positive point because working in groups in the past was a weakness for me.

As a group we have decided to work together again because we all work well and contribute work to the set project but in the future I think that we all intend to try and be more outgoing and creative.

No comments: