Monday 2 February 2009

Flash games

For Davids project we are to create a mini flash game using some advanced actionscript. I have been looking at some different games online that can give me some ideas. There are quite a few different gaming websites that I could use but the main two that caught my eye was miniclip.com and coffeebreakarcade.com. The two sites have a vast amount of games that can keep people entertained for hours.
I have been doing my research over the past week to see what games keep users entertained and what games are not so successful. The games that I have noticed are successful are the games that I simple, easy to play but entertaining at the same time.

Polar jump was a game that I found in the top ten games and its very basic, the rules click on the bear to make it jump higher, sounds very simple and boring but when playing it you feel you have the need to make the bear jump higher, you are continuously trying to beat your own personal score or, playing against other people. Its simple yet quick to load and fun to play.

Mahjong is a game that I have played for a long time. Its also a simple game all you have to do match the pairs but there is a twist, you can only match tiles that are not surrounded by other tiles. So the tiles basically have to be on another level or you have to work your way down and along each line to get the tiles to want. However the reason I play this game is because its quite challenging and its very hard to complete a level, and thats why I want to play it again to try and complete the level.

The final game is the idea that I will most probably be using. It is called 'yeti olympics' something that I used to play at school. It is a very competitive game, the main objective is to complete a set of five olympic sports, but they are all designed in an animal setting so, rather then a golf club they have used a flamingo and a penguin for a ball, all amusing.
Overall I think I will create a game like yeti sports something thats simple but has a challenge, but I think that I will try a few more different things on actionscript, I need to learn some more advance actionscript to create these games.

No comments: