Sunday 1 February 2009

Restarant - Designing

Ok so now I have finally chosen which restaurant That I plan to redesign and that is the 'Golden Thai Restaurant'. I chosen to redesign this one because when I looked at the site for the first time I didn't realise that it was a thai restaurant, the only thing that gave it away was the name.

As you can see in this image there is no actual theme to the site, my actual first reactions was that the site had been designed for a pub mainly because of the pint of beer and the background imagery (looks like decking). Another reason why I am redesigning is because of the whole general layout. There is no set theme to any page and no actual set font. This website does not help the restaurant in any way and thats what I want to do, I want to create a site that is visually interesting.

The site that I intend to design will have a theme that I feel gives out the impression of a thai restaurant. I have started looking at other sites and I seem to see alot of dark, romantic colours. I want to keep the menu on the site like the original site because that I feel is a good idea but I would like to maybe add images of more food rather then the interior, I will also try to frame the different sections i.e. text, images, navigation etc because having looking at other site this always seems to give out a more professional look.

No comments: