Sunday 1 February 2009

Tamrai restaurant

The 'Tamrai' restaurant is the type of theme and image that I am trying to go for. Even though it is very dark the subtle imagery and colour brings out a sophisticated look.

As you can see the designers have used the strong imagery to attract the potential audience. This is the next point that I wanted to point out, target audience. Just from looking this site I can see that the designers are trying to target a sophisticated business class audience. This is where I think the dark colours have worked. Looking at a number of different thai restaurant sites they all clearly have a target audience, this is what I want my redesign to have, maybe around the age range of a young business class age.

The menu layout is also a good set up, they have inserted a scroll bar to enable the user to view all of the menu. This is something that I might try and use because you can view alot more information in a smaller amount of space.
Overall the tamarai site is a perfect example of the type of design that I would like to design. From just doing this website I want to completely recreate the image of the Golden thai, give it a whole new image bringing in a completely different target audience.

No comments: