Sunday 1 February 2009

Layout Designs

Like I said in my previous post I wanted to have a set layout throughout the site below are some sketches and ideas that I came up with that I feel will work well with what I am trying to create.

In the sketch to the left I focused on having the main text in the center with the images to the side, the navigation would also be in the center. But for some reason I don't think that this will work with what ideas I have, its also very very similar to my preivous projects layout.

For this design I went for a more simple design. I put the whole content into the center of the page, it will be alot smaller but I have seen this in a number of different sites (zizzi, sinatras) and it works really well. This design I would like to experiment with a bit more because I have taken an interest to this design.

This is a standard design for any web page but, saying that it must be a successful layout if it is used so much. The general layout is the navigation to the left, title and logo at the top and main content in the center, I would like to try this as I am still very new to this web design world but, I would like to add some flash content.

My final design layout is basic as well but this time I've moved the navigation to the bottom having the content and imagery above, I haven't tried this out yet but hopefully its going to give me results that I am looking for, which is an interesting design.
I am going to try these designs out in photoshop to get a stronger idea in what I what, I have already got some colours in my mind and that is dark purples and reds but this could also change when experimenting, who knows what will happen.

No comments: