Thursday 5 November 2009

Simulated Project - Design Ideas take 2

Ok going back to my wire frame ideas I then moved onto creating a photoshop design, basically what the wire frames would look like with imagery and text. Below are the four designs that I created.









As you can see from these four designs there was an improvement from the previous designs. I managed to get feedback from some potential users, asking them on what they thought was the ideal design, the majority of people that I asked agreed that the top design and bottom were the most successful ideas.

In my opinion I like all of the designs however the middle two designs was not what I was looking for, I wanted a simple design because of the brief stating that it was a micro-site. if the brief wanted a bigger site then I would have probably opted for the middle two designs because the layout in which I designed for them have the room for more information and interactive elements.

The two designs that I chose are basic but I feel that that is what we need for a micro site. after consideration I finalised my idea to the bottom design, my main reasons for this was because I felt that it would suit all monitor sizes and because the layout has been used in other websites so it has proven to be a good layout.

Having talked to David about my designs he pointed out to me the colours were too bright, which looking at it now I agree with. In my proposal I quoted that I was going for a 'light hearted' approach, how does bright red represent light hearted? So I opted for more pastel colours which work well in the design.

No comments: