Friday 20 November 2009

Simulated Project - Music Player update

Ok so have now found a music player that I can understand the code (after some thorough reading) and I will use it for my interactive piece on my site. As you can see below I first created a template and for those who didn't realise it was only meant to be a template not the final product.



As you can see it brings out the general layer of what I want my music player to look like. Rather then the user selecting a track number the user would have to select the next and previous button to allow it player the next song.
I used a piece of coding called 'ID3' it picks up the mp3 songs info and pulls it out of an external file and onto the music player. I changed the colours and the detail of the buttons to suit the look of the site.



I kept the design simple having looked at other examples of music players it clearly showed that most music players worked around a black colour theme. I have tested the music player a few times and as long as I keep the external mp3s in the same file it will work. The only point that I have to think about is whether to have the music player as a pop-up or on each page.
Having it on each page will start the music player over again whereas as a pop-up there will only be one music player but it will look a bit messy, so maybe I will have the music player on one page. We shall see

No comments: