Thursday 19 November 2009

Simulation Project - Client feedback

When talking to my client (David) he mentioned that he wasn't too keen on the colours that I used in my initial designs. When he looked at them he thought that they were too bright and needed to be toned down.



When I first heard this feedback I disagreed, thinking that my designs were successful however being the client I took his opinions into consideration and looking at the designs now I think that they look more effective. When I first tried the new colours I was unsure however, when I look back at my old design I have to agree with David.


When I received the feedback David suggested some pastel colours. I had a play around with some colours and toned down the main content box. I tried using one colour but like I said in previous blogs it did not give out the effect that I wanted.

I next tried to work with the background. I found this quite difficult though because I had to find a colour that would suit all of my chosen background colours. This is where I came up with the light beige.


When I asked for feedback from my peers they all agreed that the new colour scheme was more appealing and I have to agree the new colours that I chose are a lot more toned down. When I look at the old designs they appear to be very bright and overwhelming.

It just shows us that you do have to take into consideration what the client wants. it has been good practice and a learning curve for my live client project.

No comments: