Tuesday 23 March 2010

Client Project - Validating/cross browser check



After having a few CSS issues with the drop down menu, the website now validates which is another tick off the box.

When it came to user testing I was happy to find that the website works across all browsers, this includes Opera, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. However the only browser where I found an issue was in Internet Explorer 6. The drop down menu that I designed did not work in IE 6. Having tested it across all browsers it worked fine in spite of this IE6 would not allow the sub menus to show.

I edited the code in some places to try and get it to work however getting near to the deadline it was advised that I left this implication and made sure that it was noted down. Talking to tutors they advised me that this was the best solution, the majority of the users are now on updated versions of Internet Explorer however its more frustrating that it does not work in one browser.

No comments: