Sunday 21 March 2010

PRP - Fifth artefact, Boowa and Kwala website



On my searches for game examples I came across this website Boowa and Kwala Home - songs, games, stories...

"Educational games and activities for preschool, kindergarten and primary school kids, or Boowa & Kwala fans of any age !"

The Boowa and Kwala website is a perfect example as to what is needed in schools the site offers games to childrens at all levels of study. The site provides a variety of options to choose from starting from a specific category i.e. pairs, paint, puzzles etc following the desicion the user is directed to another page asking which game to play.


What I liked about this page is it provides information for the parent/teacher by showing what skills the activity will help. The are not all the same as they have been designed to help develop skills in an education world.

I did get slighty confused as to where I was being directed when selecting a pairs game so that could be a potentail issue although this site has been designed to play games and if a child finds a game then I assume they will be more than happy to play any of the games provided.

It is clear that the designers have thought about the target audience when it comes down to the design. Bright colours have been incorporated within the overall design. I also noticed that sounds have been used when clicking on buttons or playing games. Like in my previous artefact positive and negative sounds have been used to clearly specify whats right and wrong.



These elements are are very simple yet prove to work with the younger target audience. I am pleased that I have found this site it has provided evidence to back up my previous research artefacts.

No comments: