Monday 4 January 2010

Client Project - The competition cont.

In previous posts I have stated that I felt red was going to be a challenge to incorporate because of the way the colour is percieved at times (danger, can be very overpowering) however 'Tracies latin club' proved me wrong.



The designer of this website has managed to change the whole look of the colour by giving it a more romantic look. I think that the colour works because throughout the site the designer has only used tones of red including applying red filters to the photos. The background colour also compliments the logo making it stand out against the background colour.

The site designer has obviously taken into consideration who the target audience is and the style of dance (like I have to) and the outcome is very successful in my opinion. Having a navigation bar at the top the layout is user friendly. Some of the pages are different to from other sites that I have analysed. Being that this dance school is for adults a FAQ and reviews page has been included which I think is a good descision because it is giving the users opinions from previous dancers.

They have used imagery where appropriate though I feel that the gallery images should be at the same constraints to look tidier it still give the audience an image to look at and show them what the dance club does.

So some more ideas that I have to consider are now working with colour red providing that it doesn't overpower the main content and to provide page for all age groups. The list is slowly getting longer but giving me a stronger idea.

No comments: