Saturday 30 January 2010

spp3 - Edinburgh Napier University 3

Course name: Interactive Entertainment
Course Length: 1 year, full time

Course description

This ground-breaking course blends the principles of immersion and engagement as evolved by the global games industry over the last twenty years with practical storytelling and script development strategies from Film, TV, Radio and Theatre.

You will explore applications across a wide range of digital media rather than computer games alone and aim to develop valuable content and intellectual properties for Entertainment, Life, Health and Educational applications - or any other where interactive storytelling strategies are deployed.


Saw this course and thought it looked interesting. Besides from games it doesn't have much linked to what I am currently doing but it quotes 'programmers with an eye for innovation' could I be that person? I want to escape the boundaries of web design and look for courses that not only do web design but give you a taste of everything.

Maybe something that would link to my prp project would be more interesting. I like the description of the course however I would not pursue this as its in Edinburgh and I want to move back down to the south if I ever did plan to pursue a postgraduate degree, still at least its giving me an idea.

No comments: