Monday 15 February 2010

PRP - Third Artefact computer design

As shown in the previous post I created a game where the children would have to match the picture to the word. When thinking about testing the game I thought about my main research 'computer games' so I thought alongside the memory game that I had already created I would also create a computer version of the game.



So far I have learnt that coding a matching game is not very easy at all and very technical but if I want to learn then I'm going to have to carry on with the coding. I am not sure how many pairs I am going to have but I may keep it quite simple to start off with.



There were some issues that I had to overcome but also gave me a stronger understanding on the coding. Classes were used when creating this document which I was not very familiar with however they proved to be very useful and makes the coding a lot more user friendly. The entire pairs game was created in a single movie clip making it a lot easier to alter the cards, I did not realise this until I started focusing on the coding. With the cards in one place it makes it easier to change the amount of cards.

However working on this project will not only help with my research project but also my personal portfolio.

No comments: