Wednesday 3 February 2010

Spp3 - Job hunt, Mindy Candy 4


Well I'm still on the job hunt for the spp3 module (and moi of course) and it was my boyfriend who came across this company for me.

Mind Candy was launched in 2003 by Michael Smith. It is one of the leading developers for social multiplayer games. One of its more popular games is called 'Moshi Monster' The company also caught my eye because of this game and I hope that it will help me in my PRP project, but I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the jobs in Mind Candy.

The company are currently recruiting a 'flash character animator' and a 'flash/actionscript developer' however they quote
"we’re always happy to receive speculative CVs for positions we’re not actively recruiting for."
So I could be in with a chance.

The reason why I like this company is mainly because its what I would like to do in the future, help design games for kids. Hence why my research project is based around this as well. I find the whole concept of designing games for kids interesting and with the company not being that big it looks like the company has a friendly atmosphere.

The main application process is a standard CV and covering letter and I think that I am going to apply for this job but this means that I am going to have to adapt my cv to reach the criteria that they are looking for. Luckily for me they have employee profiles and a blog so I could potentially pick up ideas on the companies interests via these sources.

No comments: