Friday 5 February 2010

Spp3 - Jobs at Playfish 5


Playfish are very similar to Mind Candy in the way that they design games for multiplayers, however the majority of Playfish's games are facebook application games, so millions of people can see and potentially play these games. The company is based in London which is ideal because like I have mentioned before this is where I intend or will be moving to when I leave university.

Playfish are currently recruiting for the London office and there is one particular job that has caught my eye.

Game Artist

London, UK

As a Game Artist at Playfish you will be creating art for games across multiple platforms, primarily web and mobile. This includes creating characters, environments and UI. You will be involved in the complete development process from start to finish and have a strong influence on our overall product. We are looking for people with strong foundation art skills, solid understanding of colour and the ability to take something from concept to completion. We believe that raw talent combined with a positive attitude is what is needed to make great games!

If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!

Key Requirements:

-Strong foundation art skills, solid understanding of colour and the ability to take something from concept to completion
-Experienced with Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and similar
-Varied portfolio
-A wish to learn from others and be in constant development
-Someone who is open for input and enjoys working in an iterative and agile process
Specific Flash knowledge is a plus
-Ex demo-scene and/or relevant game experience is a plus
-Most important of all, you need to love games!

Please send your CV including any demo's and examples to inserting “Game Artist” in the email subject line.


The reason why I like this particular job is that it has a variation of requirements. You have to draw...I love drawing. You have to have experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash...I have that experience. My portfolio currently under construction will be vaired. I want to learn new aspects of gaming and I love games so it seems like this job was written for me.

However a very BIG issue that I know will come up is that I'm a graduate and I'm worried that they want someone who's already had experience, the rate of pay wasn't mentioned either so could this also be an issue? I don't think that would be but really the main thing that I'm looking for is a place that I'm going to enjoy working not how much do they pay me.

No comments: