Friday 5 February 2010

Spp3 - University of Westminster 5

Following my previous posts and clearly pointing out the importance of interactivity I came across the University of Westminster. As soon as I saw the word interactive it had my attention.

The course involves all of the aspects that our current multimedia course follows (flash, dreamweaver, premiere etc) however from what I can see the course then goes onto focusing mainly on human interaction design, usability and marketability. Reading on the course description also states that project management will also occur.

A subject like this I find really interesting and being that game consoles with human interactivity is increasingly becomming more popular I think that doing a postgraduate course like this would be ideal for todays world.

Modules Offered


Core modules:
Interactive Multimedia Systems Design • Multimedia Development Environments • User-Centred Interface Design • Research Methods and Transferable Skills, and Research Project

Option modules, choose from:
Applied Sound and Music Production • Digital Video Technologies • Electronic Documentation and Hypertext • Multimedia Systems • Virtual Reality Environments


When I look at the core modules they all look interesting and I like the sound of 'Virtual reality environments' in the option modules but a question that is stuck in the back of my mind is that, will it be the same as what I've learnt already? I don't want to go on a course to learn things that I already know. Also being that the University of Westminster is based in London the fees are not going to be cheap.

The course is open to everyone with a first or second class honours and you do not need a computer background.

I browsed around the university's other courses and found some that looked interesting so there could be a few more posts on here for the University of Westminster.

No comments: