Thursday 11 February 2010

Spp3 - Junior Creative Designer Online Marketing 8

Yes on Gumtree once again and this job was the first one I saw today.

Company: UK2.Net
Location: City of London
Job Type: Full Time – Permanent

Junior Creative Designer – Online Marketing

Background

UK2 has been a major player in the web hosting industry since 1998. We have been a profitable company since day one and today we've sold over a million domain names, and we host thousands of websites and dedicated servers for customers in various countries. We can also proudly say that we are one of the biggest and fastest growing web hosting companies in the UK!

The Role

We are recruiting for a Marketing Executive to join our marketing communications department with a background in design. As part of this team you will contribute to the development of new marketing project and be responsible for the execution of all creative materials.

You will also be responsible for the development of creative materials for all our marketing channels such as online advertising, affiliate marketing and print media.

Key Responsibilities

· Contribute as part of the marketing communications team to the development of new marketing communication strategies
· Creative design of banners, email templates, print ads and any other marketing communications project
· Write and review marketing copy for marketing campaigns and new product launches

Your Profile

· Come from a design background and have a proven creative portfolio.
· Have a strong background with design packages such as Photoshop and other design packages. Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash are highly advantageous.
· HTML & CSS skills.
· Good communications skills to be able to put together and review marketing copy.
· Be able to clearly pitch creative ideas.

The Package

Basic salary £24,000, plus £5,000 sales bonus.



Its a bit different from the other jobs as its main aim is web hosting rather then designing but reading the description I would be apart of a design team on the marketing team. Like I have said in previous posts all the skills that are required I have, it also points out presentation skills which I feel I am constantly improving on. An advantage is that its based in London (and I didn't even put that as a specific requirement in the job search) and the salary I feel is really good though I am unsure as to what the sales bonus is, possibly if the marketing goes well you get the bonus.

However the only concern I have is will I enjoy the job. This is really important to me as I don't want to be stuck in a job that I dislike, I want to enjoy going to work. But I do enjoy flash.

No comments: