Monday 1 February 2010

Spp3 - University of Bristol 4

Its been a while since I mentioned postgraduate courses, mainly because I have no interest in taking one however when searching some postgraduate courses I came across a few that looked particularly interesting.

I have decided to minimise my search down to Multimedia in the south area. Main reason is because if I was to ever do a postgraduate course I would be looking in the south, for costs I would prefer to live at home whilst studying just to make money matters easier so, I might as well look at the courses in the south.

One that particularly caught my eye was in University of Bristol

Course title: Advanced Computing - Internet Technologies with Multimedia MSc
Course type: full time
Duration: 1 year
Fees: £4450
Entry Requirements: A good (at least upper second-class) Honours degree in a Computer Science or related discipline. International equivalents are also accepted.

About the course

This programme aims to introduce you to the most important aspects of networked applications and digital media information. Graduates will be equipped for a wide variety of employment in computing, business and the entertainment industry, and will have the opportunity to be leaders of the media revolution and its emerging technologies.

The programme will also give you the knowledge and experience to continue studying for a PhD, or to enter a career in research.
(This description can be found here)

What did I like?


What caught my eye was that the course offers a wide variety of resources that potentials freelancers need. From looking at the course description and learning schedule the course is not only designed to help students gain a more thorough knowledge on web designing and databases but the course also takes into consideration oher aspects that effect the internet i.e. mobile internet, law and the economic aspect of IT. Things that could be very useful in the future.

The only thing that I worry about is that I my strongest learning method is 'doing' and not 'listening' I rather learn via step by step instructions and looking at the description I have a feeling that this may involve quite a few lectures and 'Sarah + lecturers = not much focus'

The application deadline is not till 1st August so there would be plenty of time to apply, so I may keep looking around for a few weeks.

No comments: